Busy Weekend

Friday we finished clearing out the flowerbeds out front.  We got a late start because it took an hour for me to get home from school (as soon as the weather gets nice, the roads get clogged).  The chicken wasn’t defrosted, so we had to go get dinner (total tragedy, I know).  After dinner, we went to pick up some garden stuff from Lowes (soil and things).  Amount of homework done: none.

I think I’m lactose intolerant.  My stomach won’t settle if I have a heavy cream/cheese sauce.  Dinner involved a large bowl of tortellini pasta with pancetta and peas drenched in Alfredo.  I did not get a lot of sleep that night.

Saturday was party day.  We did some cleaning, I did some baking, then I got dressed up just in time for one of our couple friends to show up with the cheesecake.  Then it was AWESOME Indian food for lunch and back to the house for the party proper.  We mostly just ended up watching the Penguins/Flyers game, but it was chill and people showed up throughout the day to munch on tapas.  We ended the night by watching Vampire’s Kiss, which is either the worst or the WORST vampire movie ever made.  Amount of homework done: none.

Sometime during the day, my throat started hurting.  By the time the house emptied out, it was definitely blooming into some serious yuck.  This morning, it was that gross phlegm coating in the throat.  Boo, sick.

Today, we went to get flowers to go around our front trees.  I was determined to do this.  At our last house, we made lots of plans for improvements, inside and out.  They never happened.  It was a rental and we knew we were moving in a couple years, so it wasn’t a big deal.  We plan on being in this house a while, so I don’t want to fall into the same trap.  Friday Buddy said we were going to get flowers on Sunday and, sick or no, that’s what we were going to do.  I wish we could have down the big flower beds, but we have to do a little more planning for that first.  They’ll just have to stay ugly and bare for another week.

I can live with that because I planted flowers today (clear out weeds, put down top soil, dig holes, put feeder soil in bottom, add flowers, pour feeder soil around sides and on top, put down mulch, soak in water) .  It was a pain clearing out the clover and grass around our sad little saplings.  Buddy did some serious shovel work (the root ball on one of the trees was not buried deep enough, ugh).  I am exhausted, Buddy’s exhausted, I crashed very hard after that.  Really hard.  I woke up part way through Superbad and roused myself enough to put meatballs in the oven for a late dinner.  I am still really tired and I didn’t do any homework this weekend.  I don’t feel especially bad about that, but I’m trying to feel bad about it.

So, I was a bit busy this weekend.  It was a pretty great couple of days in my book.


Leave a comment

Filed under Ramblings

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s